In the last month or so I have been in the process of finalizing the details of our entry way. I recently renovated our entryway closet and built a floating bench (you can see that HERE) to resemble a “mudroom feel” and loved how it turned out (I will be posting this reveal soon!).
Opposite of the closet is an open area where I was wanting to put a very simple and dainty bench. I was really excited to use these modern hairpin legs from Industrial by Design for this easy DIY!
I love that this bench can be used pretty much anywhere!
- 4 Hairpin legs
- 3 2×4 Pine wood (cut at 4 1/2ft long)
- Weathered Oak stain (my new FAVE!!!)
- Wood Glue
- Cut your 2×4’s to your desired size (mine are 4 1/2 ft) (we also trimmed the sides of the 2×4 so that it would lay flat against the other peices and not have a rounded edge)
- Add wood glue to the 2in side of the board and press it together using your other board (you will use your clamps to hold it in place)
- Repeat step 2 for the 3rd board
- Stain your boards
- Add your hairpin legs
Get your hairpin legs HERE!
(Product was received in exchange for blog post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. You can read more here if you’d like)