Today I am sharing one of my favorite DIY’s with you… how to make your own balloon garland!
I started making these myself for the last couple parties I have had. When I realized how easy it is to actually make these myself I knew I wanted to share the “how to” with you all!
The cost to get a balloon garland professionally done can be crazy expensive. If you have the time (which is minimal) you should try doing this yourself! It is so inexpensive and you can even make it up to 3 days in advance of your event (I have found that mine have held up great for days).
Balloons (I used around 60 for the garland pictured above)
Command Hooks (not pictured and optional in order to hang)
- Determine the size of your garland and tie both ends to chairs so that the string is above the ground. Leave extra string on both ends to hang once the garland is complete.
2. Blow up your balloons and make sure they vary in sizes (you can also do this as you go if you prefer).
3. Cut a string about 4 inches long and tie it to your balloon end.
4. Tie your balloon (double knot) to the main string and slide it to the end.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until your garland is full.
How to hang your garland– I use command hooks and stick them to my wall in place of where I would like my garland to hang. The garland is going to be very big and “bulky” so you will find that as you attempt to hang your garland you may have to space out and slide some balloons up/down the main string depending on how you are trying to hang it. Cut a long string and tie it around the main string in your garland and use that “loop” to hang the garland onto the command hook.