Hi Friends and Happy Friday!
I am back again this week along with a few other bloggers to share “Friday Favorites”!
(If you want to find out my favorite items I use for my pantry, check out my post from last week by clicking here)
Today I’m going to show you a few items I use in my kitchen to help spruce it up a bit and make it look a little less… “kitcheny” (that’s not a word but hopefully you get my point).
Personally, I do not like a ton of items on my kitchen counters. I like them to stay very clean and de-cluttered. Therefore… our toaster (and many other items) go in our pantry/cabinets….. and yes…. this means we actually have to pull it out and put it back every time we want to use it; but that is a price I am willing to make my family pay for clean counters.
I have always said that you can make any space in your home look pretty and keep it functional at the same time. I hope this gives you a bit of inspiration!
- Soap Dispensers– These are from IKEA and I have 2 placed next to my kitchen sink. One holds dish soap and the other holds our hand soap. The dispensers make both of the soaps I need throughout the day accessible in a “pretty way”. I am able to wash dishes/hands easily without pulling the bottles out of a cabinet along with adding a nice look to your sink area.
- Succulents– These babys are all the rage right now and I’m kind of obsessed. Succulents give a room a pretty pop of green without it being too crazy. I have one of these placed on a serving tray next to my stove and some more on my kitchen shelves.
- Cheese Board Tray– I keep this tray next to my stove and place a butter dish, olive oil jar, and a succulent on top. The grouping on top of a wooden tray adds texture and is a great combo of things that I actually use throughout the day!
- Jars and floral/greenery– I LOVE glass jars. The jar, floral, and greenery are all from IKEA and very reasonably priced…. like I mean super cheap!!! I usually never like to use fake flowers as decor but these look so real and I don’t have to keep them alive (praise hands) so I couldn’t pass them up!
- Salt and Pepper Shaker– Always invest in a pretty salt & pepper shaker. They look pretty and can be kept right on your counter top since they don’t take up much space.
- Serving Tray– I love using serving trays for serving purposes BUTTTTTT I also like to use them as “holders” on top of my counters. I have a medium sized tray next to our Keurig. Inside of it I have a pretty bowl filled with K-Cups along with the jar/florals I mentioned above. The tray contains everything inside so it doesn’t look cluttered and gives a organized coffee station vibe.
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW & SAVE TO PINTEREST: